If you are interested in taking part in the LOTUS Study, just follow these three steps:
- Check the criteria. You should:
- Be 16–75 years of age
- Have had systemic lupus erythematosus for at least 3 months
- Not be responding to your current treatment for SLE
There are additional criteria that must be met to qualify as a participant.
- Take the pre-qualification screener. If you pre-qualify for the LOTUS Study, you will be referred to your nearest study clinic.
- Visit the study clinic, where the study staff will:
- Discuss the study in more detail and explain what participation would mean for you.
- Talk through the potential benefits and risks of being involved in the study.
- Ask questions and carry out medical tests to determine whether you are right for the study and the study is right for you.
Prior to any procedures taking place, you must agree to and sign an Informed Consent Form. This document explains the study in detail, including potential risks and benefits, as well as your rights and responsibilities.
If you are eligible to participate, all study-related care will be provided without charge. If you do decide to participate, you may withdraw from the study at any time for any reason.